Join an innovative developer-friendly company in London.
We are a small company of around 40 people in the sports betting and bookmaking sector. The development team (about half of our total staff) work on systems for trading on sports betting markets. We offer bets to the public, we take bets offered by others and we sell pricing information to interested third parties.
We have built a number of best-in-class sports models, trading strategies and price feeds.
Since the start of the year, we have launched an online bookmaker and casino and in the coming months we have a lot to do:
- Improve the bookmaker platform to add more features and better performance
- Expand our trading to cover many other sports
- Scale up our price feed infrastructure to cover more sports and customers
- Integrate the trading systems and the bookmaker platform such that we can use our current trading models to generate prices for the bookmaker and manage liabilities
- Analyse our trading systems’ activity to provide more insight into their operation and highlight areas where we’re strong and areas where we’re weak
Our biggest challenge in doing this is building the infrastructure we will need to support these activities. You will help improve our systems, working directly with the users of your software.
You will be given the opportunity to work independently and take on responsibility for our projects from inception to delivery. You will write code that doesn't wake us up at 3AM, and helps others to help you sleep through the night.
The technology stack you will be working with currently consists of:
- Linux servers and desktops
- Python, mainly 3.4+ for new projects with some 2.7 for our legacy systems
- Some Go for infrastructure services and a little bit of Haskell for some trading strategies
- PostgreSQL for data storage
- ZeroMQ for backend communication, websockets for frontend communication
- jQuery and React for the frontend
You will have the opportunity to explore your own ideas and suggest new tools. You will also be able to work directly with sports traders and quantitative researchers.
We offer flexible working hours, an office lunch every couple of weeks, free cereals, tea and coffee, and adjustable height desks, as well as excellent benefits.
Mid-level Developer with between 1 and 5 years’ commercial experience. You don't need to know all of the specific technologies we use, although experience with multiple programming languages is a plus.
A software development background is preferred; mathematical and numerical skills are an added bonus. As part of the application process you will be asked to take an online coding test.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter: firstname.lastname@example.org