Software Developer (Contractor)
Join a developer-friendly company in London, looking to support its existing team with a handful of highly-motivated contractors.
We are a small company (45 people) in the sports betting and bookmaking sector. The development team (about 1 in 3 of our total staff) works on systems for trading on sports betting markets and for building a bookmaker platform.
We have built a number of best-in-class sports models, trading strategies and price feeds.
In the coming year, we aim to solve the following challenges:
- Expand our online casino
- Fully launch a customer-facing bookmaker
- Expand our trading to cover many other sports
- Scale up our price feed infrastructure to cover many more sports and customers
- Maximise the potential of our trading systems by improving their reliability and robustness
- Improve the visibility of our trading systems' activity to provide more insight into their operation
Our biggest challenge in doing this is building the infrastructure we will need to support these activities. You will help improve our systems, working directly with the users of your software.
You will be given the opportunity to work independently and take on responsibility for our projects from inception to delivery. You will write code that doesn't wake us up at 3AM, and helps others to help you sleep through the night.
The technology stack you will be working with currently consists of:
- Python, mainly 3.4+ for new projects with some 2.7 for our legacy systems
- Go for infrastructure services
- Haskell for some of our newer strategies
- PostgreSQL for data storage
- ZeroMQ for backend communication
- jQuery and React for the frontend
- Linux servers
You will have the opportunity to explore your own ideas and suggest new tools. You will also be able to work directly with sports traders and quantitative researchers.
We offer flexible working hours, an office lunch every couple of weeks, free cereals, tea and coffee, and adjustable height desks.
You will need between 1 and 5 years' commercial experience. You don't need to know any of the specific technologies we have used, although experience with multiple programming languages is a plus.
A software development background is preferred; mathematical and numerical skills are an added bonus. As part of the application process you will be asked to take an online coding test.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter: firstname.lastname@example.org