Senior Software Developer
We are a small company of around 55 staff in the sports betting sector, made up of a passionate team of sports traders, developers and quantitative analysts. We combine our talents to model and trade sporting outcomes and to deliver product for use on our proprietary bookmaker platform, as well as servicing other third-parties, including renowned bookmakers and insurance companies.
We enjoy a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, offering fresh challenges which are both rewarding and enjoyable. Our ambitions are high, aiming to create best-in-class product in a highly-competitive field.
In the coming year, we will be working on expanding our trading strategies and moving the bookmaker from a minimum viable product to a fully fleshed out offering. This will include:
- Expanding the number of sports we cover
- Increasing the scalability of our systems to better support increased numbers of customers, events and markets
- Scaling up our price feed infrastructure to cover many more sports and customers
- Improving the traders’ visibility of our systems’ activity to provide more insight into their operation
You will help improve our systems, working directly with the users of your software.
You will be given the opportunity to work independently and take on responsibility for our trading strategies, price feeds and bookmaking activities from inception to delivery.
You will write code that doesn’t wake us up at 3am, and helps others to help you sleep through the night.
The technology stack you will be working with currently consists of:
- Python, mainly 3.5+ for new projects and 2.7 in our legacy systems
- Go for infrastructure services
- Linux servers
- PostgreSQL for data storage
- ZeroMQ for backend communication
- jQuery and React for the frontend
You will have the opportunity to explore your own ideas and suggest new tools. You will also be able to work directly with sports traders and quantitative researchers.
We offer a laid back working environment, flexible working hours, adjustable height desks, free cereals, fresh fruit, tea, coffee and fruit juice, as well as excellent benefits.
You will need a minimum of 3 years of commercial experience. You don’t need to know any of the specific technologies we have used, although experience with multiple programming languages is a plus.
A software development background is preferred; mathematical and numerical skills are an added bonus.
As part of the application process you will be asked to take an online coding test.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter: email@example.com