Junior Horse Racing Trader
Mustard Systems is a company that specialises in statistical modelling of sports events and tournaments. Using proprietary datasets, statistical models and in-house software, we aim to predict sports results as accurately as possible.
We are searching for an individual to join our new horse racing trading team. The team is in its early stages of growth and as such would be an excellent fit for a recent graduate who is willing to learn while also taking on the responsibility to innovate and grow our horse racing trading operation.
You will be offered a fast-paced environment in which an enthusiastic personality will be given the freedom to learn from some of the sharpest minds in the sports trading industry and potentially even implement your own trading strategies.
The role will entail:
- Working cohesively within a trading team to complete day to day tasks that are required to operate our horse racing trading.
- Attention to detail, consistency and accuracy in carrying out day to day tasks.
- Working with our mathematicians and software developers to continuously improve the horse racing strategy.
- Making fast decisions based on both mathematics and opinions surrounding horse racing trading.
- Having an appropriate appetite and understanding of risk.
- Working variable hours including evenings and weekends.
Ideal candidate preferences:
- Understanding of value betting.
- Some understanding of horse racing.
- Proficient in mental maths.
- Educated to degree level (quantitative subject preferred but not required).
- Willing to work in Hammersmith based office 5 days a week.
- Willing to work variable hours including evenings and weekends.
- Excellent team working skills.
It is worth stressing that an understanding of horse racing might help but is certainly not required to be successful in this role.
Upon completion of a probation period you will be entitled to:
- Performance based bonus.
- Private pension, private health care, life insurance.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com