We are a small company of 55 in the sports betting sector, made up of a passionate team of sports traders, developers and quantitative analysts. We combine our talents to model and trade sporting outcomes and to deliver product for use on our proprietary bookmaker platform, as well as servicing other third-parties, including renowned bookmakers and insurance companies. We enjoy a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, offering fresh challenges which are both rewarding and enjoyable. Our ambitions are high, aiming to create best-in-class product in a highly-competitive field.
Our traders conduct statistical analysis of everything from the impact of weather on golfers to the probability of getting up and down from a plugged lie in a bunker to generate the most accurate predictive data on the market. Leading bookmakers and professional gamblers alike trust us and the data we produce to give them an edge.
About the role
We’re looking for an in-play trader to join our established golf trading desk on a full time basis, forming part of a high-performance team that plays a central part in Mustard’s extremely successful trading fund. The role involves both researching and monitoring golf tournaments, and placing trades with the assistance of Mustard’s proprietary trading systems, with an exclusive focus on tournaments from the PGA and European tours. You’ll report to a head of trading, but be given a degree of autonomy and responsibility from day one.
Do you know what the strength of Matt Wallace’s game is? Or whether having a draw or fade is beneficial at Augusta? If you have an encyclopedic knowledge of golf and a passion for statistics, this role could be for you. You’ll also be well organised, quick thinking, and calm under pressure. You’ll need to be flexible in your working hours, as whenever there’s golf on, we’ll be following it!
The experience/skills we’re looking for:
- A passion for professional golf
- An interest in betting and statistical analysis
- Demonstrable combination of organisational skills and creative thinking
- The ability to react quickly, accurately, and logically in a high pressure trading environment
- An intuitive insight to the factors that can affect sporting outcomes
- A degree in a quantitative subject is preferred but not essential
- No previous experience of the industry is required but at least a basic understanding of statistical modelling techniques, and a logical and creative approach to establishing and analysing new systems.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to effectively partner with senior management, staff members both on the trading desk and statistical team
What we offer
The successful applicant will join a close-knit team at the top of its field, working an often exhilarating job in an environment that quickly recognises and rewards success, representing a great opportunity to progress quickly.
- Private health insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance
- Pension contributions
- Subsidised gym membership
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com