Mustard Systems is a company that specialises in statistical modelling of sports events and tournaments. Using proprietary datasets, statistical models and in-house software, we aim to predict sports results as accurately as possible.
We are searching for an individual to join our team who is numerically adept, willing to learn and with a genuine passion for cricket. You will receive on the job training in the art of trading, with a view to having a very hands-on management of our strategies across domestic, franchise and international cricket.
If questions such as “How many runs does Jos Buttler add to the England T20 team? How does this change if he opens or bats a 5?”” intrigue you, this may well be the job for you.
We offer the successful candidate a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, offering fresh challenges which are both rewarding and enjoyable. Our ambitions are high, aiming to create best in-class offerings in a highly competitive field.
The role will entail:
- Making fast, accurate interpretations of live cricket, including both factual and opinion based readings
- Working with our mathematicians and software developers to improve our trading systems
- Working variable hours (including evenings, nights, and weekends) in accordance with the global cricket calendar
The ideal candidate will have (we aren’t expecting all of these!) :
- Strong mental calculation and an instinct for the probability of given outcomes
- Followed the world of cricket closely over the last few years leading to a deep understanding of the sport and the factors that affect the outcome of events
- Professional/personal experience of value based betting
- A degree in a quantitative subject
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org