Experienced Business Analyst needed to support the growth and development of our business.
We need a Business Analyst who loves detail and documentation. Someone who will help the business sponsors fully document and outline their requirements to enable our developers to deliver what the business wants as efficiently as possible.
We are a small company of around 40 people in the sports betting and bookmaking sector. The development team (about half of our total staff) work on systems for trading on sports betting markets. We offer bets to the public, we take bets offered by others and we sell pricing information to interested third parties.
Our development work is split across multiple projects and we now need the assistance of a Business Analyst to improve our ability to deliver these projects.
You will be reporting directly to the CTO to make sure that you have the authority and ability to effect real meaningful change across the business. You will primarily be working with our Agile Delivery Manager, and alongside our multiple business sponsors to help them deliver well defined stories for the delivery team to work on. You will also work with the overall PO to improve the long-term delivery of our strategic backlog.
We want someone who will streamline process, and improve collaboration / coordination across the business. A background in sports betting is not required.
- Support and facilitate unambiguous and timely communication between business and technical participants in the discovery phase
- Ensure the requirements defined for our epics and stories are of good quality and are analysed and managed appropriately
- Manage development, distribution and baseline approval of all communication related to business requirements and their interpretation, with particular focus on ensuring the prioritised requirements list is kept up to date, and remain in scope, as the detail expands and evolves
- Ensure the impact of business decisions are reviewed in the context of the business initiatives
- Work with the Lead Product Owner and the delivery team to formulate and communicate solution options
- Ensure the non-functional requirements are achievable and subsequently met
- Take responsibility for tracking business requirements through to business acceptance
- Be able to demonstrate experience of the above through your prior professional experience
Nice to have:
- Software development project experience
- Experience in working across concurrent projects
We offer flexible working hours, an office lunch every couple of weeks, free cereals, fruit, tea and coffee, and adjustable height desks, as well as excellent benefits.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter: firstname.lastname@example.org